Awate slams ton on debut to take Maharashtra to 222/3
Nagpur: Opener Virag Awate smashed an unbeaten century on debut to guide Maharashtra to 227 for three against Vidarbha at stumps on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Goup B match here on Saturday.
Awate made his entry into the first-class arena in style with a 111-run unconquered knock that came off 302 balls. The 31-year-old batsman from Thane decorated his innings with as many as 15 hits to the fence.
Awate shared a 94-run second wicket stand with Sangram Dilip Atitkar (45) to form the base of Maharashtra`s total after skipper Rohit Motwani won the toss and elected to bat.
At close, skipper Motwani was the other not out batsman at crease and alongwith Awate, he had already stitched unbroken 72 runs for the fourth wicket.
For Vidarbha, captain and veteran leg-spinner Sairaj Bahutule picked up two wickets for 55 runs while the other Maharashtra batsman -- Harshad Khadiwale -- fell in the form of run out.
Maharashtra: 227 for three in 90 overs (Virag Awate 111 not out, Sangram Dilip Atitkar 45; Sairaj Bahutule 2/55).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!