Badrinath scores 192, TN reach 443/8
Nagpur: S Badrinath missed out on a double hundred by eight runs but Tamil Nadu reached a strong 443 for eight against Vidarbha on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here on Sunday.
Tamil Nadu batted quite slow as they scored only 208 runs in the whole day and lost five wickets.
Badrinath, who began on his overnight score of 101, scored 192 before being bowled by paceman Sandeep Singh. His knock came off 381 balls with 21 fours and three sixes.
Left-arm fast bowler Shrikant Wagh was the most successful bowler for Vidarbha, taking four wickets while Sandeep and Sumit Ruikar took two wickets each.
Young overnight batsman Baba Aparajith (13) added only two runs today and after his fall, Ramaswamy Prasanna (33) added 92 runs for the fifth wicket with Badrinath.
Prassanna was trapped by Ruikar.
Vijay Shankar came in and remained there till the end of the day, batting on a strong 63 off 144 balls.
Giving him company was Murugan Ashwin (1).
Tamil Nadu 1st innings: 443 for 8 in 180 overs. (S Badrinath 192; Vijay Shankar 63; S Wagh 4/101).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka