Badrinath scores 192, TN reach 443/8
Nagpur: S Badrinath missed out on a double hundred by eight runs but Tamil Nadu reached a strong 443 for eight against Vidarbha on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here on Sunday.
Tamil Nadu batted quite slow as they scored only 208 runs in the whole day and lost five wickets.
Badrinath, who began on his overnight score of 101, scored 192 before being bowled by paceman Sandeep Singh. His knock came off 381 balls with 21 fours and three sixes.
Left-arm fast bowler Shrikant Wagh was the most successful bowler for Vidarbha, taking four wickets while Sandeep and Sumit Ruikar took two wickets each.
Young overnight batsman Baba Aparajith (13) added only two runs today and after his fall, Ramaswamy Prasanna (33) added 92 runs for the fifth wicket with Badrinath.
Prassanna was trapped by Ruikar.
Vijay Shankar came in and remained there till the end of the day, batting on a strong 63 off 144 balls.
Giving him company was Murugan Ashwin (1).
Tamil Nadu 1st innings: 443 for 8 in 180 overs. (S Badrinath 192; Vijay Shankar 63; S Wagh 4/101).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday