Badrinath scores 192, TN reach 443/8
Nagpur: S Badrinath missed out on a double hundred by eight runs but Tamil Nadu reached a strong 443 for eight against Vidarbha on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here on Sunday.
Tamil Nadu batted quite slow as they scored only 208 runs in the whole day and lost five wickets.
Badrinath, who began on his overnight score of 101, scored 192 before being bowled by paceman Sandeep Singh. His knock came off 381 balls with 21 fours and three sixes.
Left-arm fast bowler Shrikant Wagh was the most successful bowler for Vidarbha, taking four wickets while Sandeep and Sumit Ruikar took two wickets each.
Young overnight batsman Baba Aparajith (13) added only two runs today and after his fall, Ramaswamy Prasanna (33) added 92 runs for the fifth wicket with Badrinath.
Prassanna was trapped by Ruikar.
Vijay Shankar came in and remained there till the end of the day, batting on a strong 63 off 144 balls.
Giving him company was Murugan Ashwin (1).
Tamil Nadu 1st innings: 443 for 8 in 180 overs. (S Badrinath 192; Vijay Shankar 63; S Wagh 4/101).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued