Baroda 237 runs ahead against Karnataka
Vadodara: Left-arm seamer Gagandeep Singh had a five-wicket haul as Baroda dismissed Karnataka for 284 in their first innings and then reached 115-4 to take an overall lead of 237 on the penultimate day of their Ranji Trophy encounter.
Gagandeep, who had scalped the two wickets which fell yesterday, returned today to claim three more wickets in his 24 overs to help Baroda take a 122-run lead.
Irfan Pathan and Firdaush Bhaja snapped two wickets each, while Bhargav Bhatt also took one to help in their team cause at the Moti Bagh Stadium here.
For Karnataka, middle-order batsman Stuart Binny scored a composed half-century before being the fourth wicket of Gagandeep Singh. Binny had seven fours and one six in his innings.
In their second essay, Baroda reached 115 for four, to swell their overall lead to 237 runs with six wickets in hand going into the final day here.
At the draw of stumps, Abhimanyu Chauhan and Pathan were batting on 52 and 33 after adding an unfinished fifth wicket partnership of 50 runs.
R Vinay Kumar, Abhimanyu Mithun, Binny and Manish Pandey claimed one wicket each during Baroda`s second innings.
Brief Score: Baroda 406 & 115/4 in 29 overs (Abhimanyu Chauhan 52 not out; M Pandey 1/13)
Karnataka: 284 all out (S Binny 55; Gagandeep Singh 5/49).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'