Baroda in control against Vidarbha
Vadodara: Baroda took control of their Group B Ranji Trophy match after bowling out Vidarbha for 264 on the second day here on Saturday.
When stumps were drawn, Baroda were 192 for two in 75 overs at the Moti Bagh Stadium.
Abhimanyu Chauhan was batting on 58 and Rakesh Solanki was unbeaten on 39.
Opener Aditya Waghmode set the platform with a 62 off 119 balls, and struck 11 fours.
Vidarbha`s innings revolved around Hemang Badani who compiled a neat century. He remained unbeaten on 111 off 268 balls, and hit 12 fours and a six.
Firdaush Bhaja and Murtuja Vahora picked up three wickets each for Baroda while Yusuf Pathan got two.
Chauhan hit nine fours and a six.
Earlier, resuming on 219 for eight, Baroda could add not more than 35 runs, but Badani got the 15 he needed to complete his century.
Vidarbha 264 all out in 101 overs (Hemang Badani 111 not out; Firdaush Bhaja 3/50, Murtuja Vahora 3/94).
Baroda: 192 for 2 in 75 overs (Waghmode 62, Chauhan 58 not out).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider