Baroda in control against Vidarbha
Vadodara: Baroda took control of their Group B Ranji Trophy match after bowling out Vidarbha for 264 on the second day here on Saturday.
When stumps were drawn, Baroda were 192 for two in 75 overs at the Moti Bagh Stadium.
Abhimanyu Chauhan was batting on 58 and Rakesh Solanki was unbeaten on 39.
Opener Aditya Waghmode set the platform with a 62 off 119 balls, and struck 11 fours.
Vidarbha`s innings revolved around Hemang Badani who compiled a neat century. He remained unbeaten on 111 off 268 balls, and hit 12 fours and a six.
Firdaush Bhaja and Murtuja Vahora picked up three wickets each for Baroda while Yusuf Pathan got two.
Chauhan hit nine fours and a six.
Earlier, resuming on 219 for eight, Baroda could add not more than 35 runs, but Badani got the 15 he needed to complete his century.
Vidarbha 264 all out in 101 overs (Hemang Badani 111 not out; Firdaush Bhaja 3/50, Murtuja Vahora 3/94).
Baroda: 192 for 2 in 75 overs (Waghmode 62, Chauhan 58 not out).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India