BCCI schedules Ranji matches on weekends in 2013-14 season
Mumbai: The upcoming Ranji Trophy matches will be played only during weekends and the gap between the fixtures will be four days after the third game, the BCCI announced today.
BCCI`s Tour Programme and Fixtures Committee met at the Cricket Centre here yesterday to finalise the domestic cricket schedule for the 2013-14 season.
The committee decided to implement the decisions taken by the Technical Committee in its previous meeting which included every team will play four `home` and four `away` games in the Ranji league phase.
"The Tour Programme and Fixtures Committee of the BCCI met at the Cricket Centre in Mumbai, on Monday, 1 July 2013, to finalise the domestic cricket schedule for the 2013-14 season. The detailed tournament schedule will be displayed on www.Bcci.Tv on Monday, 8 July 2013," said the release from BCCI`s secretary Sanjay Patel.
Other decisions of the Technical Committee will also be implemented during the upcoming Ranji Trophy season which include that Vijay Hazare Trophy matches at the knockout stage, and the Deodhar Trophy matches, will be played under lights; the under-25 matches will start a day after the Ranji matches so that players who are not part of the playing XI in the Ranji games can play the under-25 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16