BCCI turns down Tendulkar’s request to shift Ranji semi-final to Mumbai
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The BCCI on Saturday rejected a request made by batting legend Sachin Tendulkar where he asked to shift the venue of the Ranji Trophy semi-final match between Mumbai and Services to Mumbai.
The Little Master had requested the board for such a shift before BCCI took the decision to schedule the game at the Palam cricket ground in New Delhi from January 16.
According to a report published in leading English daily Times of India, it was revealed that BCCI rejected Tendulkar’s request by saying that it was against the rules and regulation of the board.
After announcing his retirement from the ODIs, Tendulkar decided to make himself available for Mumbai in the Ranji trophy quarter-final clash against Baroda where he also slammed a ton in the first innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police