BCCI turns down Tendulkar’s request to shift Ranji semi-final to Mumbai
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The BCCI on Saturday rejected a request made by batting legend Sachin Tendulkar where he asked to shift the venue of the Ranji Trophy semi-final match between Mumbai and Services to Mumbai.
The Little Master had requested the board for such a shift before BCCI took the decision to schedule the game at the Palam cricket ground in New Delhi from January 16.
According to a report published in leading English daily Times of India, it was revealed that BCCI rejected Tendulkar’s request by saying that it was against the rules and regulation of the board.
After announcing his retirement from the ODIs, Tendulkar decided to make himself available for Mumbai in the Ranji trophy quarter-final clash against Baroda where he also slammed a ton in the first innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested