BCCI turns down Tendulkar’s request to shift Ranji semi-final to Mumbai
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The BCCI on Saturday rejected a request made by batting legend Sachin Tendulkar where he asked to shift the venue of the Ranji Trophy semi-final match between Mumbai and Services to Mumbai.
The Little Master had requested the board for such a shift before BCCI took the decision to schedule the game at the Palam cricket ground in New Delhi from January 16.
According to a report published in leading English daily Times of India, it was revealed that BCCI rejected Tendulkar’s request by saying that it was against the rules and regulation of the board.
After announcing his retirement from the ODIs, Tendulkar decided to make himself available for Mumbai in the Ranji trophy quarter-final clash against Baroda where he also slammed a ton in the first innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’