Behera, Samantray centuries give Odisha upper hand
Sambalpur: Niranjan Behera and Biplab Samantray struck a century each as Odisha took the first innings lead on the third day of their Ranji Trophy group league match against Maharashtra on Monday.
Niranjan (103) and Samantray (107) combine ensured that Odisha took a 126-run first innings lead to get the uper hand in the Group B match at the Veer Surendra Sai Stadium.
Odisha were all out for 441 in 129 overs after resuming the day on 237 for three in reply to Maharashtra`s first innings 315 all out.
Niranjan and Samantray, the two overnight batsmen, denied a breakthrough for more than 30 overs in the day before the former was out. The duo stitched 121 runs for fourth wicket. Niranjan`s 103 came from 254 balls and contained 11 fours.
Samantray took charge from there and he had another fruitful stand of 109 runs with Deepak Behera (49) for the sixth wicket.
Samantray was the ninth Odisha batsman out and his 107 came from 231 balls and contained 17 fours.
For Maharashtra, pacer Samad Fallah took three wickets today while Chirag Khurana chipped in with two wickets.
In their second essay, Maharashtra were 73 for one with opener Harshad Khadiwale batting on 43 while Sangram Dilp Atitkar giving him company on 24.
Maharashtra were trailing by 53 runs with nine second innings wickets intact at the draw of stumps.
Maharashtra: 315 and 73 for one in 26 overs (Harshad Khadiwale batting 43).
Odisha: 441 all out in 129 overs (Niranjan Behera 103, Biplab Samantray 107; Samad Fallah 3/118).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter