Bhatt`s six wicket haul put Baroda in command
Vadodara: Left-arm spinner Bhargav Bhatt spun the web around Odisha batsmen to put Baroda in a commanding position at the end of the opening day`s play in a Ranji Trophy Group B match here on Saturday.
Bhatt scalped six wickets for 73 runs while pacer Mutuja Vahora (3/54) also chipped in with useful wickets to help Baroda shot out Odisha for paltry 182 in their first innings.
In reply, Baroda were 34 for one with Aditya Waghmode (11 not out) and Abhimanyu Chauhan (2 not out) occupying the crease at stumps.
Opener Saurabh Wakaskar (17) was the lone Baroda wicket to fall in the day, caught by Bikas Pati off Samal.
Sent into bat, only four Odisha batsmen could register double figures as Bhatt wreacked havoc with his slow tweakers.
Govind Podder top-scored for Odisha with a well-made 82, while Saurabh Sehgal (37 not out), Niranjan Behera (20) and Lagnajit Samal are the other batsmen to have managed double digits scores for the visitors.
Odisha 1st innings: 181 all out in 72.3 overs (Govind Podder 82; Bhargav Bhatt 6/73).
Baroda 1st innings: 34 for one in 18 overs (Saurabh Wakaskar 17, Aditya Waghmode 11 not out; agnajit Samal 1/7).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey