Bhatt`s six wicket haul put Baroda in command
Vadodara: Left-arm spinner Bhargav Bhatt spun the web around Odisha batsmen to put Baroda in a commanding position at the end of the opening day`s play in a Ranji Trophy Group B match here on Saturday.
Bhatt scalped six wickets for 73 runs while pacer Mutuja Vahora (3/54) also chipped in with useful wickets to help Baroda shot out Odisha for paltry 182 in their first innings.
In reply, Baroda were 34 for one with Aditya Waghmode (11 not out) and Abhimanyu Chauhan (2 not out) occupying the crease at stumps.
Opener Saurabh Wakaskar (17) was the lone Baroda wicket to fall in the day, caught by Bikas Pati off Samal.
Sent into bat, only four Odisha batsmen could register double figures as Bhatt wreacked havoc with his slow tweakers.
Govind Podder top-scored for Odisha with a well-made 82, while Saurabh Sehgal (37 not out), Niranjan Behera (20) and Lagnajit Samal are the other batsmen to have managed double digits scores for the visitors.
Odisha 1st innings: 181 all out in 72.3 overs (Govind Podder 82; Bhargav Bhatt 6/73).
Baroda 1st innings: 34 for one in 18 overs (Saurabh Wakaskar 17, Aditya Waghmode 11 not out; agnajit Samal 1/7).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof