Bowlers dominate J&K-Services Ranji tie on Day 1
New Delhi: After dismissing Jammu & Kashmir for a paltry 85 runs, an unbeaten century-plus stand between Rajat Paliwal and Sarabjit Singh helped Services earn a vital first innings lead on the opening day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match here today.
Services were 150 for six at the close of play with Rajat on 66 and giving him company was Sarabjit at 38.
At one point, Services were reeling at 39 for six in their reply before the two added 111 runs for the unconquered seventh-wicket stand to resurrect the innings.
Earlier in the day, J&K could not stand the Services pace attack as they were dismissed for 85 runs in less than 30 overs.
Medium pacer Suraj Yadav was pick of the bowlers with four wickets while Nishan Singh and Shadab Nazar accounted for three and two wickets apiece.
For J&K, right-arm pacer Ram Dayal picked four Services wickets.
J&K 1st innings: 85 all out in 29.5 overs (Ram Dayal 18 not out; Suraj Yadav 4/35).
Services 1st innings: 150 for 6 in 55 overs (Rajat Paliwal 66 not out; Ram Dayal 4/45)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje