Centuries from Aparajith, Karthik in Tamil Nadu`s huge score
Chennai: Young batsman Baba Aparajith scored his maiden first class hundred before skipper Dinesh Karthik hit a composed 154 as Tamil Nadu piled up a huge 538 for four against Karnataka on day two of their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here on Saturday.
The hosts, who resumed at 260 for two, declared the innings in the final session of the day and in response to the huge 500-plus total, Karnataka were 26 for no loss as they safely negotiated the 10 overs.
Robin Uthappa (18) and KB Pawan (5) will resume the visitors` first innings on Sunday.
The 18-year-old Aparajith, the find of India`s Under-19 World Cup triumph, resumed at his overnight score of 85 and went on to score 112 off 255 balls.
His overnight partner S Badrinath scored 72 before being caught by KB Pawan off Sunil Raju in the 13th over of the day.
Aparajith also departed soon as he was stumped off left-arm spinner K P Apanna.
Skipper Karthik and Ramaswamy Prasanna then continued the hosts` batting feast as the two rattled an unbeaten 200-run partnership for the fifth wicket.
Karthik`s knock came off just 182 balls and had 18 boundaries, including four sixes.
Left-handed Prasanna supported his skipper well with his 72-run knock. He hit five boundaries including one shot over the fence in his long vigil at the crease.
Tamil Nadu 1st innings: 538 for four in 168 overs. (D Karthik 154 not out, B Aparajith 112; S Raju 2/148).
Karnataka 1st innings: 26 for no loss in 10 overs. (Robin Uthappa 18 batting).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh
- BJP has no CM candidate in UP: Digvijaya
- Mamata flays PM Modi for destroying federalism, growing 'saffronisation'
- No country can put itself opposite NPT: China