Centuries from Aparajith, Karthik in Tamil Nadu`s huge score
Chennai: Young batsman Baba Aparajith scored his maiden first class hundred before skipper Dinesh Karthik hit a composed 154 as Tamil Nadu piled up a huge 538 for four against Karnataka on day two of their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here on Saturday.
The hosts, who resumed at 260 for two, declared the innings in the final session of the day and in response to the huge 500-plus total, Karnataka were 26 for no loss as they safely negotiated the 10 overs.
Robin Uthappa (18) and KB Pawan (5) will resume the visitors` first innings on Sunday.
The 18-year-old Aparajith, the find of India`s Under-19 World Cup triumph, resumed at his overnight score of 85 and went on to score 112 off 255 balls.
His overnight partner S Badrinath scored 72 before being caught by KB Pawan off Sunil Raju in the 13th over of the day.
Aparajith also departed soon as he was stumped off left-arm spinner K P Apanna.
Skipper Karthik and Ramaswamy Prasanna then continued the hosts` batting feast as the two rattled an unbeaten 200-run partnership for the fifth wicket.
Karthik`s knock came off just 182 balls and had 18 boundaries, including four sixes.
Left-handed Prasanna supported his skipper well with his 72-run knock. He hit five boundaries including one shot over the fence in his long vigil at the crease.
Tamil Nadu 1st innings: 538 for four in 168 overs. (D Karthik 154 not out, B Aparajith 112; S Raju 2/148).
Karnataka 1st innings: 26 for no loss in 10 overs. (Robin Uthappa 18 batting).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP