Chauhan, Vasvada ensure draw for Saurashtra
New Delhi: Opener Bhushan Chauhan struck an unbeaten century to help Saurashtra draw their Group B Ranji Trophy match against Railways, who walked away with three points on the basis of their first innings lead, here on Sunday.
The visitors began the day at 54 for two and declared their second innings at 217 for three. It was a remarkable improvement in their batting as they were all out for just 165 in their first essay.
Chauhan resumed his innings at 24 this morning and batted with determination for a well-made 106 and shared an unbeaten 150-run stand for the fourth wicket with Aarpit Vasvada, who scored 66.
Their splendid batting ensured that Saurashtra do not suffer one more collapse and at least they take one point from the contest.
While Chauhan faced 330 balls in his innings which had 10 fours and one shot over the fence, Vasvada`s knock came off 204 balls with three boundaries.
Set a target of 208 runs, Railways scored nine for no loss in 18 overs.
Saurashtra lost one wicket today as Shledon Jackson (13) added 10 runs to his overnight total before being caught behind off Anureet Singh.
Saurashtra 165 and 217/3 declared in 115 overs. (Bhushan Chauhan 106 not out, Aarpit Vasvada 66 not out; Anureet Singh 2/36).
Railways 175 & 9 for no loss in 18 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days