Dagar ton takes UP to 248/4 against Vidarbha
Nagpur: Opener Mukul Dagar struck a patient century as Uttar Pradesh posted 248 for four on the first day of their Ranji Trophy Group B match against Vidarbha here on Saturday.
At stumps, Parvinder Singh was batting on 13 and Amir Khan was batting on 11 at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground.
Dagar hit 14 fours during his 258-ball knock after his team elected to bat.
Mohammad Kaif scored 85 from 212 balls, hitting seven fours and three sixes.
Uttar Pradesh`s innings was built largely on the back of the 199-run partnership for the second wicket between Dagar and Kaif.
It was the duo`s stand, after the early loss of Tanmay Srivastav, that Uttar Pradesh clawed back into the match.
The visitors, however, lost the momentum a bit after losing three wickets in the final session.
For the hosts, Sandeep Singh picked up three wickets 56, while there was one for Shrikant Wagh who dismissed the centurion.
Uttar Pradesh 1st innings: 248 for four in 90 overs (Dagar 116, Kaif 85; Sandeep 3/56).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued