Desperate DDCA to request BCCI for Awana`s release
New Delhi: In a desperate bid to win their final group league match against Maharashtra at home, the Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) will request the Indian cricket Board to release their in-form speedster Parvinder Awana from the Indian Test squad.
DDCA vice-president Chetan Chauhan told PTI,"I will be speaking to the chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil and request him to release Awana for our next round Ranji Trophy match starting Saturday. I will call him in the morning so that Awana can perform his second day`s duties and leave by an evening flight."
Meanwhile, a beleagured Delhi side having lost three away matches, have requested the authorities at Roshanara ground to prepare a `Green Top` which will atleast produce a result unlike the dead strips provided at the Feroz Shah Kotla by former BCCI chief curator Venkat Sundaram.
"We have asked for a green top," informed chief coach Vijay Dahiya.
There has been two changes in the side that played Karnataka in the last round. Pacer Vikas Tokas comes as Ashish Nehra`s replacement while an extra batsman has been accomodated in the form of Jagrit Anand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`