Desperate DDCA to request BCCI for Awana`s release
New Delhi: In a desperate bid to win their final group league match against Maharashtra at home, the Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) will request the Indian cricket Board to release their in-form speedster Parvinder Awana from the Indian Test squad.
DDCA vice-president Chetan Chauhan told PTI,"I will be speaking to the chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil and request him to release Awana for our next round Ranji Trophy match starting Saturday. I will call him in the morning so that Awana can perform his second day`s duties and leave by an evening flight."
Meanwhile, a beleagured Delhi side having lost three away matches, have requested the authorities at Roshanara ground to prepare a `Green Top` which will atleast produce a result unlike the dead strips provided at the Feroz Shah Kotla by former BCCI chief curator Venkat Sundaram.
"We have asked for a green top," informed chief coach Vijay Dahiya.
There has been two changes in the side that played Karnataka in the last round. Pacer Vikas Tokas comes as Ashish Nehra`s replacement while an extra batsman has been accomodated in the form of Jagrit Anand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues