Desperate DDCA to request BCCI for Awana`s release
New Delhi: In a desperate bid to win their final group league match against Maharashtra at home, the Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) will request the Indian cricket Board to release their in-form speedster Parvinder Awana from the Indian Test squad.
DDCA vice-president Chetan Chauhan told PTI,"I will be speaking to the chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil and request him to release Awana for our next round Ranji Trophy match starting Saturday. I will call him in the morning so that Awana can perform his second day`s duties and leave by an evening flight."
Meanwhile, a beleagured Delhi side having lost three away matches, have requested the authorities at Roshanara ground to prepare a `Green Top` which will atleast produce a result unlike the dead strips provided at the Feroz Shah Kotla by former BCCI chief curator Venkat Sundaram.
"We have asked for a green top," informed chief coach Vijay Dahiya.
There has been two changes in the side that played Karnataka in the last round. Pacer Vikas Tokas comes as Ashish Nehra`s replacement while an extra batsman has been accomodated in the form of Jagrit Anand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'