Despite Jadeja knock, Saurashtra may not get 3 points
Rajkot: Ravindra Jadeja`s monumental 331 helped Saurashtra pile up a massive 576 for nine but Railways replied strongly finishing the third day`s play at 157 for one in a Ranji Trophy Group league encounter.
Opener Shivakant Shukla is batting on 74 having faced 221 deliveries and hitting 11 boundaries in the process. He has added 99 runs for the unbroken second wicket stand along with No 3 batsman Vairamudi Cheluvaraj who is undefeated on 49.
The Railways are still 419 runs behind Saurashtra and are no way going to get three points from the match but there is every chance that even the home team might end up not being able to bowl out Sanjay Bangar`s boys on the flattest of tracks available.
Interestingly, when Jadeja scored his maiden triple century last year, it went down the drain as Saurashtra were unable to bowl out Odisha and both teams failed to get a point.
With rules changed, the teams now get a point if both do not have one completed innings. With nothing on offer, Railways who are always adept at defending doggedly will employ the same approach on the final day.
Earlier in the day, Jadeja added another 11 runs to his overnight score of 320 before edging one from pacer Hardik Rathod to `keeper Mahesh Rawat. His 331 had 29 fours and seven sixes while he faced 501 balls in the process.
Saurashtra skipper Jaydev Shah declared the innings once Kamlesh Makvana reached his second first-class century.
Brief Scores: Saurashtra 576/9 decl (Ravindra Jadeja 331, Kamlesh Makvana 100 no, Hardik Rathod 5/98).
Railways 157/1 (Shivakant Shukla 74 batting, V Cheluvaraj 49 battint).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state