Despite Jadeja knock, Saurashtra may not get 3 points
Rajkot: Ravindra Jadeja`s monumental 331 helped Saurashtra pile up a massive 576 for nine but Railways replied strongly finishing the third day`s play at 157 for one in a Ranji Trophy Group league encounter.
Opener Shivakant Shukla is batting on 74 having faced 221 deliveries and hitting 11 boundaries in the process. He has added 99 runs for the unbroken second wicket stand along with No 3 batsman Vairamudi Cheluvaraj who is undefeated on 49.
The Railways are still 419 runs behind Saurashtra and are no way going to get three points from the match but there is every chance that even the home team might end up not being able to bowl out Sanjay Bangar`s boys on the flattest of tracks available.
Interestingly, when Jadeja scored his maiden triple century last year, it went down the drain as Saurashtra were unable to bowl out Odisha and both teams failed to get a point.
With rules changed, the teams now get a point if both do not have one completed innings. With nothing on offer, Railways who are always adept at defending doggedly will employ the same approach on the final day.
Earlier in the day, Jadeja added another 11 runs to his overnight score of 320 before edging one from pacer Hardik Rathod to `keeper Mahesh Rawat. His 331 had 29 fours and seven sixes while he faced 501 balls in the process.
Saurashtra skipper Jaydev Shah declared the innings once Kamlesh Makvana reached his second first-class century.
Brief Scores: Saurashtra 576/9 decl (Ravindra Jadeja 331, Kamlesh Makvana 100 no, Hardik Rathod 5/98).
Railways 157/1 (Shivakant Shukla 74 batting, V Cheluvaraj 49 battint).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe