Despite Jadeja knock, Saurashtra may not get 3 points
Rajkot: Ravindra Jadeja`s monumental 331 helped Saurashtra pile up a massive 576 for nine but Railways replied strongly finishing the third day`s play at 157 for one in a Ranji Trophy Group league encounter.
Opener Shivakant Shukla is batting on 74 having faced 221 deliveries and hitting 11 boundaries in the process. He has added 99 runs for the unbroken second wicket stand along with No 3 batsman Vairamudi Cheluvaraj who is undefeated on 49.
The Railways are still 419 runs behind Saurashtra and are no way going to get three points from the match but there is every chance that even the home team might end up not being able to bowl out Sanjay Bangar`s boys on the flattest of tracks available.
Interestingly, when Jadeja scored his maiden triple century last year, it went down the drain as Saurashtra were unable to bowl out Odisha and both teams failed to get a point.
With rules changed, the teams now get a point if both do not have one completed innings. With nothing on offer, Railways who are always adept at defending doggedly will employ the same approach on the final day.
Earlier in the day, Jadeja added another 11 runs to his overnight score of 320 before edging one from pacer Hardik Rathod to `keeper Mahesh Rawat. His 331 had 29 fours and seven sixes while he faced 501 balls in the process.
Saurashtra skipper Jaydev Shah declared the innings once Kamlesh Makvana reached his second first-class century.
Brief Scores: Saurashtra 576/9 decl (Ravindra Jadeja 331, Kamlesh Makvana 100 no, Hardik Rathod 5/98).
Railways 157/1 (Shivakant Shukla 74 batting, V Cheluvaraj 49 battint).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!