Dhruv takes 14 wickets as Gujarat earn 6 pts against Rajasthan
Ahmedabad: Left-arm spinner Rakesh Dhruv picked up his first ten-wicket haul in first-class cricket as Gujarat posted an impressive eight-wicket win over Rajasthan in their Group A Ranji Trophy match here on Tuesday.
Dhruv finished with a match figure of 14 for 96, eight of them coming in the second innings at the Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera.
Chasing a target of 102 runs, Gujarat needed a little over 25 overs and lost two wickets in the process to post their first win of the season and jump to 15 points after drawing five games in a row.
Rajasthan remained at the bottom of the points table with five points, hardly the performance expected of the two-time defending champions.
Dhruv spun a web around the Rajasthan batsmen at the spinning Motera strip to knock the daylight out of the visitors.
Resuming the final day at 29 for two, Rajasthan kept on losing wickets at regular intervals with only five batsmen reaching the double figures.
Robin Bist (31) and skipper Hrishikesh Kanitkar (23) were the only two who waged a grim battle as the visitors folded for 119 in their second essay after having conceded an 18-run lead in their first innings.
Rajasthan batsmen were flummoxed by the flight and guile of Dhruv as they somehow managed to reach the three-digit mark.
Gujarat, while chasing the target, never looked in trouble with opener Smit Patel scoring a 65-ball 47 laced with eight fours.
Brief scores: Rajasthan 294 & 119 in 62.2 overs (Robin Bist 31, Hrishikesh Kanitkar 23; Rakesh Dhruv 8/31).
Gujarat 312 & 105/2 in 25.2 overs (Smit Patel 47; Aniket Choudhary 1/16).
Points: Gujarat 6, Rajasthan 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly