Dhruv takes 14 wickets as Gujarat earn 6 pts against Rajasthan
Ahmedabad: Left-arm spinner Rakesh Dhruv picked up his first ten-wicket haul in first-class cricket as Gujarat posted an impressive eight-wicket win over Rajasthan in their Group A Ranji Trophy match here on Tuesday.
Dhruv finished with a match figure of 14 for 96, eight of them coming in the second innings at the Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera.
Chasing a target of 102 runs, Gujarat needed a little over 25 overs and lost two wickets in the process to post their first win of the season and jump to 15 points after drawing five games in a row.
Rajasthan remained at the bottom of the points table with five points, hardly the performance expected of the two-time defending champions.
Dhruv spun a web around the Rajasthan batsmen at the spinning Motera strip to knock the daylight out of the visitors.
Resuming the final day at 29 for two, Rajasthan kept on losing wickets at regular intervals with only five batsmen reaching the double figures.
Robin Bist (31) and skipper Hrishikesh Kanitkar (23) were the only two who waged a grim battle as the visitors folded for 119 in their second essay after having conceded an 18-run lead in their first innings.
Rajasthan batsmen were flummoxed by the flight and guile of Dhruv as they somehow managed to reach the three-digit mark.
Gujarat, while chasing the target, never looked in trouble with opener Smit Patel scoring a 65-ball 47 laced with eight fours.
Brief scores: Rajasthan 294 & 119 in 62.2 overs (Robin Bist 31, Hrishikesh Kanitkar 23; Rakesh Dhruv 8/31).
Gujarat 312 & 105/2 in 25.2 overs (Smit Patel 47; Aniket Choudhary 1/16).
Points: Gujarat 6, Rajasthan 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015