Dinda gets lucky with BCCI award after Sudhindra`s life-ban
Mumbai: Bengal`s Ashoke Dinda was the gainer at the BCCI`s Annual Awards Function here today as he got the "Highest Wicket-taker` award despite being the second highest wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy competition.
Dinda today received the Madhavrao Scindia Award and a cheque of Rs 2.5 lakh for getting 37 wickets for Bengal during the last Ranji Trophy season but he was the second highest wicket-taker in the National Competition behind Madhya Pradesh Taduri Sudhindra who had 40 scalps to his credit.
Since Sudhindra has been banned for life by the BCCI after he was found guilty of `spot-fixing` in a club game and also caught in a sting operation by a TV channel where he allegedly agreed to `spot-fix` matches.
Although Sudhindra record for the last season remains, his punishment meant that Dinda who was second in the list got lucky with the award.
However the Bengal speedster was a runaway leader in the overall department which also included the Duleep Trophy games as he finished with a total of 59 wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145