Dinda gets lucky with BCCI award after Sudhindra`s life-ban
Mumbai: Bengal`s Ashoke Dinda was the gainer at the BCCI`s Annual Awards Function here today as he got the "Highest Wicket-taker` award despite being the second highest wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy competition.
Dinda today received the Madhavrao Scindia Award and a cheque of Rs 2.5 lakh for getting 37 wickets for Bengal during the last Ranji Trophy season but he was the second highest wicket-taker in the National Competition behind Madhya Pradesh Taduri Sudhindra who had 40 scalps to his credit.
Since Sudhindra has been banned for life by the BCCI after he was found guilty of `spot-fixing` in a club game and also caught in a sting operation by a TV channel where he allegedly agreed to `spot-fix` matches.
Although Sudhindra record for the last season remains, his punishment meant that Dinda who was second in the list got lucky with the award.
However the Bengal speedster was a runaway leader in the overall department which also included the Duleep Trophy games as he finished with a total of 59 wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days