Ganguly meets Bengal team members, offers them tips
Kolkata: He might have quit all forms of cricket, but former India skipper Sourav Ganguly on Tuesday joined his Bengal teammates during a Ranji Trophy practice session at Eden this morning.
Ganguly did some indoor training, took few laps of the stadium and did some stretching exercise before offering some tips to the team members.
"He comes to the stadium regularly to keep himself in shape. Today was another such occasion. He came, did some training besides talking to the players. After all, his inputs are always welcome," CAB joint-secretary Sujan Mukherjee said.
Having opted out from his Pune franchise in the upcoming IPL VI, Ganguly who led Bengal in last season`s Ranji had conveyed the CAB think-tank that he would not represent the state this time around.
Asked whether the 40-year-old would be seen in action for Bengal once again, Mukherjee said, "It`s difficult to say at this stage. But as of now, he is not playing for Bengal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'