Ganguly meets Bengal team members, offers them tips
Kolkata: He might have quit all forms of cricket, but former India skipper Sourav Ganguly on Tuesday joined his Bengal teammates during a Ranji Trophy practice session at Eden this morning.
Ganguly did some indoor training, took few laps of the stadium and did some stretching exercise before offering some tips to the team members.
"He comes to the stadium regularly to keep himself in shape. Today was another such occasion. He came, did some training besides talking to the players. After all, his inputs are always welcome," CAB joint-secretary Sujan Mukherjee said.
Having opted out from his Pune franchise in the upcoming IPL VI, Ganguly who led Bengal in last season`s Ranji had conveyed the CAB think-tank that he would not represent the state this time around.
Asked whether the 40-year-old would be seen in action for Bengal once again, Mukherjee said, "It`s difficult to say at this stage. But as of now, he is not playing for Bengal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing