Ganguly meets Bengal team members, offers them tips
Kolkata: He might have quit all forms of cricket, but former India skipper Sourav Ganguly on Tuesday joined his Bengal teammates during a Ranji Trophy practice session at Eden this morning.
Ganguly did some indoor training, took few laps of the stadium and did some stretching exercise before offering some tips to the team members.
"He comes to the stadium regularly to keep himself in shape. Today was another such occasion. He came, did some training besides talking to the players. After all, his inputs are always welcome," CAB joint-secretary Sujan Mukherjee said.
Having opted out from his Pune franchise in the upcoming IPL VI, Ganguly who led Bengal in last season`s Ranji had conveyed the CAB think-tank that he would not represent the state this time around.
Asked whether the 40-year-old would be seen in action for Bengal once again, Mukherjee said, "It`s difficult to say at this stage. But as of now, he is not playing for Bengal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations