Gautam double ton in Karnataka`s massive total
Pune: Muralidharen Gautam smashed a brilliant double hundred to become the season`s leading run scorer as Karnataka declared their first innings at a massive 572 for nine on the second day of their last Ranji Trophy group league match here on Sunday.
The wicket-keeper batsman remained not out on 264 (464 balls; 32X4, 1X6), his second double ton in three matches. His total run tally this Ranji season has risen to 912 and he surpassed Parthiv Patel during today`s innings. He had scored 257 against Vidarbha two matches back in Mysore.
Gautam was ably supported by captain Stuart Binny, who hit a 272-ball 168 with the help of 19 fours and two sixes. The duo put on 340 runs for the fifth wicket to take control of the Group B match at Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium.
Resuming at 306 for four, the visitors added 266 runs today in 69.5 overs for the loss of five wickets with Gautam and Binny scoring the bulk of the runs.
After Binny was out in the second session, Gautam carried on and stitched another 98 runs for the sixth wicket with Amit Verma (42) to take Karnataka`s score past 500.
For Maharashtra, pacer Samad Fallah was the most successful bowler of the day as he bagged two wickets, including that of Binny which broke the big partnership for the fifth wicket.
In reply, Maharashtra were 58 for one in 16 overs with Harshad Khadiwale and Sangram Dilp Atitkar batting on 31 and six respectively.
Karnataka 1st Innings: 572 for 9 decl in 158.5 overs (Muralidharen Gautam 264 not out, Stuart Binny 168; Samad Fallah 2/82).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt