Goa 64-4 against Tripura in Ranji Trophy
Agartala: Nirupam Sen Chowdhary`s half century and Manishankar Murasingh`s two-wicket haul helped Tripura to turn the screw on Goa, who were left struggling at 64 for four in their first innings on the penultimate day of the Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Monday.
After losing the opening day to bad weather, Tripura were 170 for five in the first innings yesterday and Nirupam today blasted a 144-ball 57, laced with nine fours, to ensure that the hosts have a bigger total at hand.
Nirupam added 58 runs along with Bunti Roy (39) for the ninth wicket to help Tripura end their first innings at 278 all out in 84.2 overs at the Maharaja Bir Bikram College Stadium here.
Murasingh then took two wickets, while rana Dutta and BB Roy scalped one each to leave Goa tottering at 64 for four in 26 overs.
At the draw of stumps, Reagan Pinto was batting on 18 and giving him company at the crease was RD Asnodkar at 4.
Brief Score: Tripura first innings: 278 all out in 84.2 overs (NN Sen Chowdhary 57; SS Bandekar 4/90).
Goa first innings: 64-4 in 26 overs (R Pinto 18 not out; MB Murasingh 2/8).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal