Goa gain three points as Ranji tie ends in draw
Porvorim: Hosts Goa gained three points by virtue of their first innings lead as their Group `C` four-day Ranji match against Assam ended in a draw on the final day at PCA ground here on Tuesday.
Goa now have 16 points from eight matches while Assam, who gained only one point, failed to qualify for the knock-out stage as they finished third with 21 points from eight matches.
Resuming at their overnight score of 11 for no loss, Goa had put on 241/4 when play was called off by the umpires before the start of the mandatory overs.
Sagun Kamat fell early, caught by Roy off Ahmed for 11.
Rohan Belekar and A S Desai together put on 78 runs for the second wicket before Syed Mohammed bowled Belekar for 57.
Mohammed struck twice in quick succession to dismiss the dangerous Desai (40) and Manvinder Bisla (7) to claim three wickets.
All-rounder Regan Pinto, who grabbed two wickets yesterday, went on to complete a half century and remained unbeaten on 62 while sharing 75 runs for the fifth wicket with Ravikant Shukla, who remained unbeaten on 52.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation