Goa get 3 points from drawn match against J & K
Porvorim: Goa pressed hard for an outright win with left-arm spinner Shadab Jakati grabbing four wickets, before settling for a draw and three points on the basis of first-innings lead on the final day of their Ranji Trophy match against Jammu and Kashmir here on Monday.
After taking a 68-run first innings lead, Goa threatened to dismiss Jammu and Kashmir for a low score, reducing the visitors to 28 for five with Jakati claiming four wickets, but failed to wrap up the Group C match on the fourth afternoon.
Bandeep Singh and captain Samiullah Beigh shared 55 runs for an unbroken seventh wicket to end at 95 for six and deny Goa an outright win. The home side took one point by virtue of the draw.
The top-five J & K batsmen could not reach double digits with four falling to Jakati while Amogh Sunil Desai took one. Saurab Bandekar was the other Goa bowler to get a wicket.
Earlier, resuming on 258 for two, Goa added 148 runs from 35 overs today before declaring their innings at 406 for six in the post-lunch session.
Wicket-keeper Manvinder Bisla could add just five runs to his overnight 75 to be the first home side batsman to get out today, but not before sharing 68 runs with Sagun Kamat for the third wicket.
The other substantial partnership for Goa was between Reagan Pinto (53 not out) and Ravikant Shukla (39) for the five wicket. Pinto`s aggressive knock off 74 balls had five fours and a six.
Jammu and Kashmir: 338 & 95 for 6 in 56 overs (Bandeep Singh 31 not out; Shadab Jakati 4/26) vs Goa 406 for 6 in 154 overs (Manvinder Bisla 80, Reagan Pinto 53 not out).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe