Goa get 3 points from drawn match against J & K
Porvorim: Goa pressed hard for an outright win with left-arm spinner Shadab Jakati grabbing four wickets, before settling for a draw and three points on the basis of first-innings lead on the final day of their Ranji Trophy match against Jammu and Kashmir here on Monday.
After taking a 68-run first innings lead, Goa threatened to dismiss Jammu and Kashmir for a low score, reducing the visitors to 28 for five with Jakati claiming four wickets, but failed to wrap up the Group C match on the fourth afternoon.
Bandeep Singh and captain Samiullah Beigh shared 55 runs for an unbroken seventh wicket to end at 95 for six and deny Goa an outright win. The home side took one point by virtue of the draw.
The top-five J & K batsmen could not reach double digits with four falling to Jakati while Amogh Sunil Desai took one. Saurab Bandekar was the other Goa bowler to get a wicket.
Earlier, resuming on 258 for two, Goa added 148 runs from 35 overs today before declaring their innings at 406 for six in the post-lunch session.
Wicket-keeper Manvinder Bisla could add just five runs to his overnight 75 to be the first home side batsman to get out today, but not before sharing 68 runs with Sagun Kamat for the third wicket.
The other substantial partnership for Goa was between Reagan Pinto (53 not out) and Ravikant Shukla (39) for the five wicket. Pinto`s aggressive knock off 74 balls had five fours and a six.
Jammu and Kashmir: 338 & 95 for 6 in 56 overs (Bandeep Singh 31 not out; Shadab Jakati 4/26) vs Goa 406 for 6 in 154 overs (Manvinder Bisla 80, Reagan Pinto 53 not out).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'