Goa get 3 points from drawn match against J & K
Porvorim: Goa pressed hard for an outright win with left-arm spinner Shadab Jakati grabbing four wickets, before settling for a draw and three points on the basis of first-innings lead on the final day of their Ranji Trophy match against Jammu and Kashmir here on Monday.
After taking a 68-run first innings lead, Goa threatened to dismiss Jammu and Kashmir for a low score, reducing the visitors to 28 for five with Jakati claiming four wickets, but failed to wrap up the Group C match on the fourth afternoon.
Bandeep Singh and captain Samiullah Beigh shared 55 runs for an unbroken seventh wicket to end at 95 for six and deny Goa an outright win. The home side took one point by virtue of the draw.
The top-five J & K batsmen could not reach double digits with four falling to Jakati while Amogh Sunil Desai took one. Saurab Bandekar was the other Goa bowler to get a wicket.
Earlier, resuming on 258 for two, Goa added 148 runs from 35 overs today before declaring their innings at 406 for six in the post-lunch session.
Wicket-keeper Manvinder Bisla could add just five runs to his overnight 75 to be the first home side batsman to get out today, but not before sharing 68 runs with Sagun Kamat for the third wicket.
The other substantial partnership for Goa was between Reagan Pinto (53 not out) and Ravikant Shukla (39) for the five wicket. Pinto`s aggressive knock off 74 balls had five fours and a six.
Jammu and Kashmir: 338 & 95 for 6 in 56 overs (Bandeep Singh 31 not out; Shadab Jakati 4/26) vs Goa 406 for 6 in 154 overs (Manvinder Bisla 80, Reagan Pinto 53 not out).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof