Goa reach 312 for 5 on day three in reply to Services` 473
Porvorim: Riding on three half-centuries, Goa reached 312 for five against Services on the third and penultimate day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match here on Monday.
In reply to Services` huge first innings total of 473, Goa batsmen, especially Ravikant Shukla and Rohit Asnodkar, showed a lot of patience to help the team cross 300-run mark.
At stumps, Ravikant was unbeaten on 78 and Rohit was batting on 52.
Resuming on 64 for one, both the overnight batsmen -- Swapnil Asnodkar, starting on 17, and Amogh Desai, on 16 -- gave the hosts a good start.
Swapnil hit a well-made 74 off 225 balls, studded with seven boundaries, Desai scored a 124-ball 40. The duo shared a 78-run stand for the second wicket.
After Desai departed with the scorecard reading 122 for two, Goa suddenly found themselves reeling at 193 for five with a few quick wickets.
But Ravikant and Rohit consolidated Goa`s innings by putting on an unbeaten 119-run stand for the sixth wicket.
Ravikant`s knock came off 132 balls, laced with six fours and a six, while Rohit`s 52 was scored off 135 balls, including five boundaries.
Goa, however, have an uphill task as they still trail Services by 161 runs with five wickets in hand.
Goa: 312 for five in 117 overs (Swapnil Asnodkar 74, Ravikant Shukla batting 78, Rohit Asnodkar batting 52; Yashpal Singh 2/08).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing