Goa take first inning lead over Assam
Porvorim: Spinner Shadab Jakati returned a four-wicket haul to spoil Assam chances of making it to the knock-out stage as Goa bowled out the visitors for 366 to take narrow 15-run lead in their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Monday.
At draw of stumps, Goa in their second innings were 11 for no loss with Sagun Kamat and Rohan Balekar unbeaten on 4 and 7 respectively.
Resuming at their overnight score of 134 for one, Assam came close to overhaul Goa`s first inning total of 381 but some brilliant bowling by Jakati and two run-outs saw them all out for 366 as the match is heading for a draw with only one day remaining.
Jakati first got the break through when he had A S Sinha leg before for 39.
S A Roy who battled resolutely and shared second wicket partnership of 95 with Sinha looked set to score a century but was caught by Ravikant Shukla off Rahul Asnodkar for 87.
Dhiraj Jadhav took the fight to the rival camp but two run-outs spoiled Assam`s chances of taking the lead as wickets fell at regular interval.
Jadhav was out for 52 caught by Bisla off Gawas.
Jakati then dismissed A N Ahmed (18) and A Konwar (0) to end Assam hopes of going into the knock out stage.
While Jakati claimed four wickets, M G Gawas took two and R D Asnodkar claimed one wicket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report