Gujarat bowlers bring side back in the match against Punjab
Valsad: Left-arm spinner Rakesh Dhruv (3/51) and paceman Kushang Patel (2/74) shared five wickets between them as Gujarat fought back to reduce Punjab to 227 for seven on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group A match, here on Sunday.
Punjab are still trailing by 39 runs and either side can go on to take crucial first innings lead tomorrow.
For Punjab a lot would depend on wicket-keeper Uday Kaul, who is batting on 63. Giving him company is Siddarth Kaul (5).
Punjab bowled out Gujarat for 266 in the morning by taking the last wicket in form of Kushang, who became overall fourth victim of Sandeep Sharma.
However, Punjab could not make the most of the situation, losing both the openers -- Jiwanjot Singh (5) and Ravi Inder Singh (0) at the score of five inside fifth over.
Punjab owed their recovery to Mayank Sidhana (50) and Mandeep Singh (66), who added 92 runs for the third wicket.
Dhruv broke the stand by dismissing Sidhana but Mandeep found another good partner in Uday. Together they added 70 runs for the fourth wicket
Patel trapped Mandeep and that dismissal caused the collapse. Gurkeerat Singh (4), Amitoze Singh (17) and Harbhajan Singh (12) could not last long and Gujarat were right back in the match.
Gujarat 1st innings: 266 all out in 93.2 overs
Punjab 1st innings: 227 for 7 in 83 overs.(Mandeep Singh 66, Uday Kaul 63 batting; Rakesh Dhruv 3/51).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145