Gujarat gains 3 points against MP in Ranji Trophy
Indore: Gujrat on Monday registered three crucial points from their drawn opening Ranji Trophy Group A match against Madhya Pradesh, owing to a 105-run first innings lead here.
After setting a stiff winning target of 407 runs, Gujarat who had scored 355 in their first innings, restricted Madhya Pradesh to 258 for seven in 96 overs in their second essay at the draw of stumps today.
Madhya Pradesh, who were bowled out for 250 in their first innings, resumed their chase well at an overnight score of 23-0 at Holkar Cricket Stadium.
Overnight openers Naman Ojha and Satyam Choudhary forged a 102-run partnership. Ojha blasted 11 fours and a six in his 81-ball innings, while Choudhary played the second fiddle with a patient 47, which included five hits to the fence.
But Madhya Pradesh suffered a mini-collapse after that as they lost three quick wickets before Jalaj S Saxena (52) cracked a crucial unbeaten half century down the order to stop Gujarat from walking away with an outright win.
For Gujarat, slow left-arm spinner Rakesh Dhurv bowled brilliantly, claiming four wickets and giving away just 45 runs in his 30 overs. Mehul Patel also supported him well with a three-wicket haul.
Brief Score: Gujarat 355 & 301/6d
Madhya Pradesh 250 & 258/7 in 96.0 overs (Naman Ojha 64, Jalaj S Saxena unbeaten 52; Rakesh Dhurv 4/45).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter