Harbhajan fined 50 per cent of match fee for showing dissent
Jamshedpur: Punjab Ranji team captain Harbhajan Singh has been fined 50 per cent of his match fee for showing dissent to umpire`s decision during the team`s quarterfinal match against Jharkhand here on Monday.
Match Referee Sunil A Chaturvedi said Harbhajan has been fined for showing 2.13 level one misconduct (showing dissent to the umpire`s decision) during the five-day knockout stage Ranji Trophy tie at Keenan Stadium.
The out-of-favour India off-spinner indulged in an argument with umpire CK Nandan (Karnataka) after the latter turned down his appeal for catch while bowling against Sunny Gupta in the 108.4 over.
Harbhajan was summoned by the match referee and after having a discussion for over 15 minutes, Chaturvedi slapped the fine on him.
Earlier, Harbhajan had bagged a wicket of Jharkhand opener Ramee Nemat, who had completed his maiden ton off 229 balls studded with ten boundaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it