Harbhajan fined 50 per cent of match fee for showing dissent
Jamshedpur: Punjab Ranji team captain Harbhajan Singh has been fined 50 per cent of his match fee for showing dissent to umpire`s decision during the team`s quarterfinal match against Jharkhand here on Monday.
Match Referee Sunil A Chaturvedi said Harbhajan has been fined for showing 2.13 level one misconduct (showing dissent to the umpire`s decision) during the five-day knockout stage Ranji Trophy tie at Keenan Stadium.
The out-of-favour India off-spinner indulged in an argument with umpire CK Nandan (Karnataka) after the latter turned down his appeal for catch while bowling against Sunny Gupta in the 108.4 over.
Harbhajan was summoned by the match referee and after having a discussion for over 15 minutes, Chaturvedi slapped the fine on him.
Earlier, Harbhajan had bagged a wicket of Jharkhand opener Ramee Nemat, who had completed his maiden ton off 229 balls studded with ten boundaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?