Harbhajan`s presence in Punjab team will make no difference
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Ranji team captain Shahbaz Nadeem today said presence senior spinner Harbhajan Singh in the rival Punjab team would not be a factor in their quarter-final match, here on Sunday.
"I don`t think that a single player alone can affect the outcome of the match," Nadeem said when asked about presence of the off-spinner in rival camp.
"We have five to six cricketers, who have been playing in Indian Premier League for different franchises including me and off-spinner Sunny Gupta for Delhi Daredevils, batsman Saurabh Tiwary for Royal Challengers, Bangalore, and Ishank Jaggi for Decan Chargers," the left-arm spinner, said.
He said that the team was in good form and had a good track record of performing well at the upper stages of the tournament.
Referring the team composition, Jharkhand captain said it was yet undecided, but he would like to field four bowlers in the match against Punjab.
He hailed the performance of openers Akash Verma and Rameez Nemat, who struck aggressive half centuries to share 151 runs against Services in the last league encounter.
"We have no plan to disturb the opening pair even though the regular opener Manish Vardhan, who was out of the team due to injury, will be included in the team against Punjab, he said, adding that Vardhan would likely play one-down.
Stating that he would opt for batting if he won the toss, Nadeem said a 300 plus run at Keenan wicket would provide a bright opportunity to the home side to mount pressure on the rivals.
The quarter-final qualification for Jharkhand would be a first as the team had last played in the quarter-final stage of the Ranji in 2002 against Haryana as the undivided Bihar Ranji team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks