Haryana batsmen deny Maharashtra outright win
Pune: Maharashtra had to be content with three points by virtue of first innings lead after the home team failed to secure an innings victory over struggling Haryana in a Ranji Trophy Group B match here on Tuesday.
All Maharashtra needed on the final day of the match was to pick up eight Haryana wickets but their bowlers failed big time as the visitors, resuming at the overnight score of 75 for two, ended their second innings at 255 for seven.
Overnight batsman Sunny Singh top-scored for Haryana with a 103-ball 54 while Abhimanyu Khod (42), skipper Amit Mishra (29), Rahul Dalal (26) and Jayant Yadav (22 not out) also made useful contributions with the bat to save the visitors from the humiliation.
For Maharashtra, Samad Fallah picked up three wickets for 59 runs while pace partner Shrikant Mundhe scalped two wickets.
Earlier, Maharashtra declared their first innings at 540 eight in reply to Haryana`s 257 all out, which ensured the hosts at least three points from the encounter.
Haryana: 257 & 255 for seven in 116 overs (Sunny Singh 54, Abhimanyu Khod 42; Samad Fallah 3/59)
Maharashtra: 540 for eight decl in 153 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened