Haryana batsmen deny Maharashtra outright win
Pune: Maharashtra had to be content with three points by virtue of first innings lead after the home team failed to secure an innings victory over struggling Haryana in a Ranji Trophy Group B match here on Tuesday.
All Maharashtra needed on the final day of the match was to pick up eight Haryana wickets but their bowlers failed big time as the visitors, resuming at the overnight score of 75 for two, ended their second innings at 255 for seven.
Overnight batsman Sunny Singh top-scored for Haryana with a 103-ball 54 while Abhimanyu Khod (42), skipper Amit Mishra (29), Rahul Dalal (26) and Jayant Yadav (22 not out) also made useful contributions with the bat to save the visitors from the humiliation.
For Maharashtra, Samad Fallah picked up three wickets for 59 runs while pace partner Shrikant Mundhe scalped two wickets.
Earlier, Maharashtra declared their first innings at 540 eight in reply to Haryana`s 257 all out, which ensured the hosts at least three points from the encounter.
Haryana: 257 & 255 for seven in 116 overs (Sunny Singh 54, Abhimanyu Khod 42; Samad Fallah 3/59)
Maharashtra: 540 for eight decl in 153 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress