Haryana enforce follow-on on Karnataka
Hubli: Seamer Harshal Patel wreaked havoc as Haryana enforced follow-on on hosts Karnataka in a group league game of the Ranji Trophy here on Monday.
In reply to Haryana`s mammoth 587 for nine, Karnataka were all out for 272 with rookie Kunal Kapoor scoring his maiden first-class hundred as Harshal picked up five for 79.
Having conceded a lead of 315 runs, Karnataka batted safely in the second innings reaching 63 for no loss with India discard Robin Uthappa hiting 37 and partner Lokesh Rahul scoring 24.
Save Kapoor who scored 106 with the help of 10 boundaries and a six and Uthappa who smashed 51 in the first innings, the other Karnataka batsmen didn`t show any required application as they lost wickets at regular intervals.
While Kapoor held fort at one end during his 268 minute stay at the crease, all the other Karnataka batsmen including Uthappa were guilty of getting out playing poor strokes.
Haryana skipper Amit Mishra also got three wickets including the important wicket of Uthappa who was taken by Rahul Dewan in the close-in region.
While Harshal ran through the middle-order, Joginder Sharma complemented him well removing the dangerous Stuart Binny and left-hander Amit Verma.
Brief Scores: Haryana 587/9 decl.
Karnataka 272 (Kunal Kapoor 106, Harshal Patel 5/79, Amit Mishra 3/79) & following on 63/0 (Robin Uthappa 37 no).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown