Haryana staring at innings defeat against Maharashtra
Pune: Haryana were 75 for two in their second essay and will be looking to avoid an innings defeat when they take the field tomorrow as they still trail Maharashtra by 208 runs at the end of third day`s play in the Ranji Trophy Group `B` match here on Monday.
In reply to Haryana`s first innings total of 257, Maharashtra added 238 runs to their overnight score before declaring at 540 for 8, thereby ensuring three points for the hosts on account of the first-innings lead of 283 runs.
But with a full day to go and Haryana still needing 208 runs with eight wickets in hand to catch their opponent`s score in the first essay, Maharashtra will undoubtedly be eyeing an innings defeat tomorrow.
Sunny Singh (29) and Abhimanyu Khod (10) were at the crease when stumps were drawn. Both the Haryana openers, Nitin Saini (22) and Rahul Dewan (8), fell for the addition of 32 runs in the second innings at the Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium.
Earlier, Sangram Dilp Atitkar (190) continued from where he left yesterday and added 72 runs to his overnight score before he was caught by Jayant Yadav off Ashish Hooda. Atitkar struck 24 fours and a six in his 348-ball stay at the crease.
After the fall of Rohit Motwani (11) in the day`s first over, Atitkar, in the company of Kedhar Jadhav (109), stitched a 188-run partnership for the fifth wicket to take the team close to 500-run mark.
Both resorted to some aggressive brand of batting to swell Maharashtra`s lead on a placid wicket.
Jadhav`s 138-ball show was laced with 17 fours and a six.
Chirag Khurana (31 not out) made useful contribution down the order to help the hosts tighten their grip on the match.
For Haryana, pacers Mohit Sharma and Harshal Patel and leg spinner Amit Mishra picked up two wickets apiece while Ashish Hooda and Jayant Yadav accounted for one wicket each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in