Haryana take first-innings lead against UP
Lucknow: Rahul Dewan`s pugnacious knock of 93 and an equally important innings of 65 by Joginder Sharma paved the way for Haryana`s slender lead of 44 runs in their Group B Ranji Trophy match against Uttar Pradesh here on Sunday.
At the close of play on the second day, Haryana were 271 for eight in reply Uttar Pradesh`s 227 all out at the Dr Akhilesh Das Stadium.
Resuming the day at 32 for one, the visitors rode on Dewan`s knock to take the honours even as medium pacers Ankit Rajpoot (4/66) and Imtiaz Ahmed (3/86) put up a very spirited show.
Dewan spent 347 minutes during which he faced 266 balls and struck 14 fours.
Sharma hit nine fours and a six while facing 90 deliveries.
Barring Dewan and Sharma`s knocks, and a 36 by Rahul Dalal, the Haryana batsmen struggled to come to terms with the host bowlers.
Jayant Yadav (23) and Mohit Sharma (5) were at the crease when stumps were drawn.
Uttar Pradesh 1st innings: 227 all out in 73 overs
Haryana 1st innings: 271/8 in 99 overs (Rahul Dewan 93, Joginder Sharma 65; Ankit Rajpoot 4/66, Imtiaz Ahmed 3/86.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah