Himachal close in on Jharkhand
Ranchi: Opener Prashant Chopra struck a fluent century to help Himachal Pradesh close in on Jharkhand`s first-innings total in their Group C Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
At stumps on day two, Himachal were comfortably placed at 201 for four in reply to Jharkhand`s 236 at the HEC International Cricket Stadium Complex.
Chopra`s 148-ball 101 contained 14 fours and he got good support from Aakash Chopra who scored 61.
The hosts` innings was largely built on Saurabh Tiwary`s knock of 102. Resuming on 65 in a team score of 176 for five, Tiwary hit 12 fours and a six while facing 311 balls.
Rishi Dhawan picked up six for 63 for Himachal Pradesh.
Jharkhand: 236 all out in 109.4 overs (Saurabh Tiwary 102, Sunny Gupta 62; Rishi Dhawan 6/63)
Himachal Pradesh: 201 for four in 67 overs (Prashant Chopra 101, Aakash Chopra 61).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj