Himachal close in on Jharkhand
Ranchi: Opener Prashant Chopra struck a fluent century to help Himachal Pradesh close in on Jharkhand`s first-innings total in their Group C Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
At stumps on day two, Himachal were comfortably placed at 201 for four in reply to Jharkhand`s 236 at the HEC International Cricket Stadium Complex.
Chopra`s 148-ball 101 contained 14 fours and he got good support from Aakash Chopra who scored 61.
The hosts` innings was largely built on Saurabh Tiwary`s knock of 102. Resuming on 65 in a team score of 176 for five, Tiwary hit 12 fours and a six while facing 311 balls.
Rishi Dhawan picked up six for 63 for Himachal Pradesh.
Jharkhand: 236 all out in 109.4 overs (Saurabh Tiwary 102, Sunny Gupta 62; Rishi Dhawan 6/63)
Himachal Pradesh: 201 for four in 67 overs (Prashant Chopra 101, Aakash Chopra 61).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'