Himachal Pradesh register easy 8-wkt win over Tripura in Ranji Trophy
Agartala: Left-arm spinner Bipul Sharma and Rishi Dhawan shone with the ball before Prashant Chopra struck a classy unbeaten fifty to guide Himachal Pradesh to an easy eight-wicket win over Tripura on the third and penultimate day of a Group C Ranji Trophy match, here on Saturday.
Bipul returned with impressive figures of four for 30, while Dhawan picked up three wickets for 38 runs to bowl Tripura out for 188 in their second essay after the hosts resumed the day at 93 for one.
Barring opener KB Pawan (86), who added 30 runs to his overnight score, no other Tripura batsmen made significant contributions as the hosts were bundled out in 77.2 overs.
Chasing a modest 144 runs for an outright win, Chopra made a fluent 84 off 104 balls and together with Sangram Singh (32) shared 89 runs for the opening wicket to lay the foundation for the chase which was completed in 35.2 overs.
Chopra decorated his unbeaten knock with seven boundaries
And six hits over the fence.
Abhinav Bali (20) was the other not out batsmen at the crease for Himachal.
Tripura: 141 & 188 all out in 77.2 overs (K B Pawan 86, Bipul Sharma 4/30, Rishi Dhawan 3/48).
Himachal Pradesh: 186 & 144 for two in 35.2 overs (Prashant Chopra 84 not out; Manisankar Murasingh 1/21).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'