Himachal score 338 against Goa
Porvorim: Himachal Pradesh`s lower-order batted resolutely and helped the side put on 338 in their first innings against hosts Goa on the second day of the Group C Ranji Trophy match at the PCA ground here today.
At the draw of stumps, Goa were 118 for one in their first innings with opener Swapnil Asnodkar and Amogh Desai batting on 64 and 31, respectively.
Resuming the day from 210 for five, Himachal added another 128 runs thanks to the eighth wicket stand of 86 runs between Karanveer Singh and Rahul Singh.
Karanveer scored an unbeaten 39 while Rahul made 47.
For Goa, debutante Gaurish Gawas was the most successful bowler, claiming four wickets for 109 runs, while Shadab Jakati took three for 78.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf