Himachal score 338 against Goa
Porvorim: Himachal Pradesh`s lower-order batted resolutely and helped the side put on 338 in their first innings against hosts Goa on the second day of the Group C Ranji Trophy match at the PCA ground here today.
At the draw of stumps, Goa were 118 for one in their first innings with opener Swapnil Asnodkar and Amogh Desai batting on 64 and 31, respectively.
Resuming the day from 210 for five, Himachal added another 128 runs thanks to the eighth wicket stand of 86 runs between Karanveer Singh and Rahul Singh.
Karanveer scored an unbeaten 39 while Rahul made 47.
For Goa, debutante Gaurish Gawas was the most successful bowler, claiming four wickets for 109 runs, while Shadab Jakati took three for 78.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company