Hyderabad poised to take three points
Hyderabad: Hyderabad were poised to earn three points on the basis of taking the crucial first-innings lead in their Group A Ranji Trophy match against Railways here on Monday.
By stumps on the third and penultimate day at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad had extended their lead to 254 runs after reaching 130 for six in their second innings.
In reply to Hyderabad`s first-innings total of 337, Railways could manage just 213 despite finishing the second day yesterday at a comfortable 145 for two.
27-year-old off-spinner Amol Shinde was Hyderabad`s wrecker in chief, finishing with impressive haul of five for 78.
Skipper Sanjay Bangar was Railways` top scorer with a knock of 43 but their batsmen`s inability to convert the starts hit them badly. The visitors kept losing at regular intervals, helping Hyderabad to gain the upper hand.
When the stumps were drawn, Sundeep Rajan and Akash Bhandari were batting on 14 and 16 respectively.
Karan Sharma was the best bowler with figures of three for 59.
Hyderabad 1st Innings: 337 and 130 for six in 56 overs overs (Bavanaka Sandeep 33; Karan Sharma 3/88)
Railways 1st Innings: 213 all out in 92.4 overs (Sanjay Bangar 43, Amit Paunikar 41; Amol Shinde 5/78).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!