Hyderabad post 247 for six on day one against Railways
Hyderabad: Bavanaka Sandeep and A Ashish Reddy scored half centuries each to steer Hyderabad to 247 for six against Railways on the opening day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match here today.
At stumps, Reddy was batting on 60 and giving him company at the other end was Amol Shinde on 26.
Even as Railways` bowlers managed to take as many as six wickets during the day, the hosts rode on fine contributions from their batsmen and a few good partnerships to end day one on a satisfying note.
Opting to bat, Hyderabad did not have an ideal start as they lost two early wickets to be at 29 for two but opener Kolla Sumanth and Sandeep consolidated the innings.
The duo put on a solid 62-run stand for the third wicket before Sumanth fell for a well-made 45 off 123 balls, laced with seven boundaries.
After Sumanth`s dismissal, Sandeep continued in the able company of Syed Quadri (27) and together they shared a 67-run stand for the fourth wicket.
It was Murali Kartik who broke their partnership by sending back Sandeep for a 141-ball 68 that included six hits to the fence and a six.
Sandeep`s departure triggered a mini collapse as the hosts went on to lose two more wickets in quick succession.
From 158 for four, Hyderabad were suddenly reeling at 160 for six.
However, Reddy and Shinde came to the team`s rescue as they made sure that Hyderabad did not lose any more wicket on the day.
By the time stumps were drawn, they had already put on an unbeaten 87 runs together for the seventh wicket
For Railways, Kartik (2/60) and Karan Sharma (2/85) claimed two wickets each, while Sanjay Bangar and Shivakant Shukla took wicket apiece.
Hyderabad: 247 for six in 93 overs (Bavanaka Sandeep 68, Ashish Reddy not out 60; Murali Kartik 2/60).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800