Hyderabad post 247 for six on day one against Railways
Hyderabad: Bavanaka Sandeep and A Ashish Reddy scored half centuries each to steer Hyderabad to 247 for six against Railways on the opening day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match here today.
At stumps, Reddy was batting on 60 and giving him company at the other end was Amol Shinde on 26.
Even as Railways` bowlers managed to take as many as six wickets during the day, the hosts rode on fine contributions from their batsmen and a few good partnerships to end day one on a satisfying note.
Opting to bat, Hyderabad did not have an ideal start as they lost two early wickets to be at 29 for two but opener Kolla Sumanth and Sandeep consolidated the innings.
The duo put on a solid 62-run stand for the third wicket before Sumanth fell for a well-made 45 off 123 balls, laced with seven boundaries.
After Sumanth`s dismissal, Sandeep continued in the able company of Syed Quadri (27) and together they shared a 67-run stand for the fourth wicket.
It was Murali Kartik who broke their partnership by sending back Sandeep for a 141-ball 68 that included six hits to the fence and a six.
Sandeep`s departure triggered a mini collapse as the hosts went on to lose two more wickets in quick succession.
From 158 for four, Hyderabad were suddenly reeling at 160 for six.
However, Reddy and Shinde came to the team`s rescue as they made sure that Hyderabad did not lose any more wicket on the day.
By the time stumps were drawn, they had already put on an unbeaten 87 runs together for the seventh wicket
For Railways, Kartik (2/60) and Karan Sharma (2/85) claimed two wickets each, while Sanjay Bangar and Shivakant Shukla took wicket apiece.
Hyderabad: 247 for six in 93 overs (Bavanaka Sandeep 68, Ashish Reddy not out 60; Murali Kartik 2/60).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'