J & K vs HP Ranji match heads for interesting finish
Jammu: Parvez Rassol and Ram Dayal struck impressive half centuries as Jammu and Kashmir post a fighting total of 248 in their second innings on Monday, leaving their Ranji Trophy group league match against Himachal Pradesh for an interesting finish here.
Resuming the third day at 16 for three, J & K added 232 runs today before being all out for 248, riding on Rassol`s 83 (178 balls; 9X4) and Dayal`s 71 (131 balls; 9X4) at the Gandhi Memorial Science College Ground here.
Chasing a target of 235 for an outright win, Himachal Pradesh were 32 for one in their second innings when the stumps were drawn for the day.
Captain Aakash Chopra was batting on 23 while Karanveer Singh was giving him company on one.
Himachal require another 203 runs for a win with nine second innings wickets in hand.
Jammu and Kashmir: 175 & 248 all out in 81.3 overs (Parvez Rassol 83, Ram Dayal 71; Vikramjeet Malik 3/50).
Himachal Pradesh: 189 and 32 for 1 in 10 overs (Aakash Chopra batting 23).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31