J & K vs HP Ranji match heads for interesting finish
Jammu: Parvez Rassol and Ram Dayal struck impressive half centuries as Jammu and Kashmir post a fighting total of 248 in their second innings on Monday, leaving their Ranji Trophy group league match against Himachal Pradesh for an interesting finish here.
Resuming the third day at 16 for three, J & K added 232 runs today before being all out for 248, riding on Rassol`s 83 (178 balls; 9X4) and Dayal`s 71 (131 balls; 9X4) at the Gandhi Memorial Science College Ground here.
Chasing a target of 235 for an outright win, Himachal Pradesh were 32 for one in their second innings when the stumps were drawn for the day.
Captain Aakash Chopra was batting on 23 while Karanveer Singh was giving him company on one.
Himachal require another 203 runs for a win with nine second innings wickets in hand.
Jammu and Kashmir: 175 & 248 all out in 81.3 overs (Parvez Rassol 83, Ram Dayal 71; Vikramjeet Malik 3/50).
Himachal Pradesh: 189 and 32 for 1 in 10 overs (Aakash Chopra batting 23).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?