Jadeja eyes come back to national squad
Rajkot: After becoming the first Indian cricketer to make three triple centuries in first class cricket, Saurashtra all rounder Ravindra Jadeja is now eyeing a berth in the national team.
"I was focusing to do well as I have been out of national team for the last six to seven months and after making triple centuries, I have proved my ability to stay on wicket for long," Jadeja, who on Sunday scored 331 runs against Railways in Ranji Trophy Group A match said here today.
"With this knock, I have proved that I am fit for limited overs cricket as well as for five day match," he added.
Jadeja also said that with three triple centuries, his confidence level has gone up, which would help him deliver his best in the subsequent matches.
"I was waiting to deliver my best after being dropped from the national side. I worked hard to sharpen my cricketing skills," he stated adding he wanted to play big inning but was not thinking to make two triple centuries in a season.
"I didn`t think to make two triple centuries in a single season because making three hundred plus has never been easy."
He, however, termed his unbeaten 303 against Gujarat in the opening match as his best.
"We were chasing 600 plus runs for getting first inning lead and therefore that inning of unbeaten 303 is my best inning compared to this 331(against Railways)" Jadeja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy