Jadeja`s six-wicket haul gives Saurashtra 1st innings lead
Hyderabad: Ravindra Jadeja snapped six wickets in a brilliant bowling performance as Saurashtra shot out Hyderabad for 186 to take a crucial 74-run first-innings lead on the second day of their Ranji Trophy match here today.
Jadeja ran through the Hyderabad middle and lower order with his slow left-arm orthodox bowling after off-spinner Kamlesh Makvana had claimed the wickets of both the openers Akhsath Reddy (51) and Ravi Teja (20).
Hyderabad were in a decent position at 83 for two then but Jadeja took three quick wickets to reduce the home side to 94 for five. Nayan Joshi chipped in with two wickets before Jadeja polished off the Hyderabad tail with another three-wicket spell.
Syed Quadri, who came in when Hyderabad were 93 for four, ran out of partners on 48 which he made from 143 balls which contained five fours.
Earlier, Saurashtra could add just nine runs at the expense of three wickets in 8.1 overs to their overnight score of 251 for seven to be all out for 260 in 98.1 overs.
Pacer Ashish Reddy returned with a fine six-wicket haul as he added two more wickets -- that of overnight not out batsmen Sandip Maniar and Kamlesh Makvana -- to his four yesterday. Lalith Mohan took the other Saurashtra wicket -- that of Jaydev Unadkat -- that fell today.
Saurashtra 1st Innings: 260 all out in 98.1 overs (Sheldon Jackson 67; Ashish Reddy 6/56).
Hyderabad 1st Innings: 186 all out in 87.3 overs (Akshath Reddy 51, Syed Quadri 48 not out; Ravindra Jadeja 6/71).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers