Jammu and Kashmir have upperhand against Kerala
Malappuram: Jammu and Kashmir seamers Parvez Rassol and Mohammed Mudhasir took three wickets apiece as the visitirs got an all-important first innings lead against Kerala in a Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
In reply to Jammu and Kashmir`s first innings total of 215, Kerala were all out for a meagre 163 in 66.4 overs thereby taking a first innings lead of 52 runs.
Rassol took three for 66 while Mudhasir grabbed three for 15.
In the second innings, the visitors were 68 for three with first innings centurion Ian Dev Singh batting on 34. Ian Dev faced 66 balls with six boundaries.
The total lead for Jammu and Kashmir is now 120 runs.
In the morning, Kerala seemed to be cruising along as Rohan Prem (41) and Robert Fernandes (48) added 56 runs for the third wicket before Prem was dismissed.
Fernandes and Sachin Baby (21) added another 40 runs as Kerala were in a comfortable position at 124 for three before the slide started. The home team lost seven wickets for 39 runs.
Brief Scores: Jammu and Kashmir 215 & 68/3 (I D Singh 34 batting).
Kerala 163 in 66.4 overs (Robert Fernandes 48, Rohan Prem 41, Pervez Rassol 3/66, Mohammed Mudhasir 3/15).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon