Jammu Kashmir defeat Kerala by 74 runs
Mallapuram: Accurate bowling by Jammu and Kashmir`s Parvez Rasool (5/43) and M Gupta(5/26) helped their team to dismiss Kerala for 129 in their second innings and fetch them a 76-runs victory on the penultimate day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on Monday.
Needing 204 for an outright win, Kerala batsmen failed to negotiate Rasool and Gupta, who bowled accurately and did not give a chance to the Kerala batsmen to make a recovery at the Perinthalmanna cricket stadium ground.
Kerala were bundled out in their second innings for a paltry score of 129. Openers Abhishek Hegde 22 and V A Jagadeesh 25 were the main scorers.
Earlier, resuming at their overnight score of 68/3 in their second innings, JK could add only 83 more runs before being all out for 151. Obaid Ahmed chipped in with 32 and Ian Dev Singh scored 37, while Kerala`s Prashant captured 5 wickets conceding only 16 runs, and Sreejith claimed 3/56.
With this win JK bagged six points.
Brief scores: JK: 215 and 151 ( I D Singh 37, O Ahmed 32, Prashant 16/5, Sreejith 56/3, R Prem 29/2) Kerala: 163 and 129 (A M Hegde 22, V A Jagadeesh 25, P Rasool 43/5, M Gupta 26/5).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof