J&K end Day 1 on 240/7 against Assam
Guwahati: Medium pacer Arup Das scalped four wickets before Parvez Rassol scored a fine half century to guide Jammu and Kashmir to 240 for seven at the end of the opening day`s play against Assam in a Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
Arup registered impressive figures of four for 58 to emerge as the star performer with the ball for Assam at the Nehru Stadium.
In reply, Rasool shone wit the bat for the visitors with a 88-ball 67-run knock during which he hit eight boundaries and one six.
Hardeep Singh (39), Bandeep Singh (36)and Ram Dayal also got starts but failed to make them count.
At stumps, wicket-keeper Obaid Haroon was unbeaten on 35 while giving him company at the other end was Waseem Raza on 12.
Jammu and Kashmir: 240 for seven in 90 overs (Parvez Rasool 67, Hardeep Singh 39; Arup Das 4/58).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan