Jharkhand 195/3 against Punjab on day one
Jamshedpur: Riding on opener Rameez Nemat`s unbeaten 97 and Ishank Jaggi`s 50 not out, Jharkhand posted 195 for three in their first innings against Punjab on the first day of their five-day Ranji Trophy quarter-final match here today.
Electing to bat, Jharkhand suffered an early jolt in the form of in-form Akash Verma (4), who caught plumb in front of the wicket medium pacer Siddharth Kaul in the fourth over of the innings.
Manish Vardhan, who sat out of the last match due to injury, played a cautious knock of 31 and shared a valuable partnership 75-run second wicket stand with Nemat before he was cleaned up by leg-apinner Sarabjit Singh.
The hosts received another within a space of 24 balls in the form of Saurabh Tiway, who fell lbw to Sarabjit.
In a spot of bother at 97 three, middle-order batsman Jaggi joined hands with Nemat and the duo shared unconquered 98 runs for the fourth wicket to stabilise the Jhankhand innings before the day`s play was called off 44 minutes early due to bad light.
At close, Nemat was batting on 97 off 222 deliveries with the help of 10 hits to fence, while Jaggi was on unbeaten 50 with the help of six boundaries.
While Sarabjit emerged as the pick of the bowlers for Punjab with figures of two for 74, Kaul scalped one wicket for 33.
Out-of-favour India off-spinner Harbhajan Singh went wicketless even though he bowled 16 overs giving away 43 runs.
Jharkhand: 195 for 3 in 74 overs (Rameez Nemat 97 batting, Ishank Jaggi 50 batting; Sarabjit Ladda 2/74).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!