Jharkhand end Day 1 on 153/6 against Andhra
Dhanbad: Medium pacer Syed Sahabuddin scalped three wickets before Saurabh Tiwary struck a fighting unbeaten half-century to guide Jharkhand to 153 for six at the end of the opening day`s play against Andhra in a Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Saturday.
Sahabuddin registered impressive figures of three for 31 in 17 overs to emerge as the star performer with the ball for Andhra at the Railway Stadium.
In reply, Tiwary shone with the bat for the hosts with a 183-ball 73-run unbeaten knock during which he hit seven boundaries and three sixes.
Ishank Jaggi (20) and Amir Hashmi (22) also got starts but failed to make them count.
At stumps, wicketkeeper Shiv Gautam was giving company to Tiwary on 28.
Apart from Sahabuddin, his new-ball partner Paidikalva Vijaykumar also picked up two wickets.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 153 for six in 71 overs (Saurabh Tiwary 73 not out, Shiv Gautam 28 not out; Syed Sahabuddin 3/31).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video