Jharkhand end day one at 222/2
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand top-order fired in unison to finish the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match against Goa here on a strong 222 for two.
At the close of play, Ishank Jaggi was unbeaten on 56, and giving him company was Saurabh Tiwary on 34.
After electing to bat, the hosts got off to a steady start with both the openers registering a half-century each to raise 123 runs for the first wicket before Sunny Gupta (53) returned to the hut on the last ball of the 49th over, caught off the bowling of Saahil Dhuri.
Manish Vardhan (73) followed suit 20 runs later.
However, there was little joy for the Goa bowlers thereafter as Jaggi combined with Tiwary to raise unbeaten 79 runs for the third wicket and take Jharkhand to a comfortable position by the time the stumps were drawn.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 222 for two in 90 overs (Manish Vardhan 73, Ishank Jaggi not out 56; Shadab Jakati 53/1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday