Jharkhand end day three on 56 for two; need 156 more to win
Jamshedpur: Hosts Jharkhand were 56 for two in their second innings, in pursuit of 213 for an outright win after bundling out Assam for 207 in their second essay at stumps on the third and penultimate day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Sunday.
Chasing 213 for a win, Jharkhand lost Manish Vardhan (10) and Ishank Jaggi inside the first 20 runs before first innings half-centurion, Rameez Nemat (37 not out) and Saurabh Tiwary (8 not out) held fort.
But the remaining Jharkhand batsmen will have to bat out of their skin as they require another 157 runs on a fourth day pitch at the Kennan Stadium, which has already started assisting the spinners.
Earlier, resuming at an overnight score of 27 for two, Assam rode on half centuries from Amit Sinha (55) and Tarjinder Singh (53 not out) to go past the 200-run mark.
Jharkhand skipper Shahbaz Nadeem (4/83) and off-spinner Sunny Gupta (3/69) knocked the stuffing out of Assam batsmen, scalping four and three wickets, respectively.
Assam: 179 & 207 all out in 74.5 overs (Amit Sinha 55, Tarjinder Singh 53 not out, Shahbaz Nadeem 4/83, Sunny Gupta 3/69).
Jharkhand Ist innings: 174 & 56 for two in 11.1 overs (Rameez Nemat 37 not out, Jamaluddin Syed Mohammad 1/12).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Kangana Ranaut a true fashion chameleon: Tarun Tahiliani
- Delhi court acquits man; orders trial of two women for false rape charge
- Vyapam scam: SC bench to pass an order on clarification
- No scientific evidence proves Farakka Dam caused Bihar floods: Sushil Kumar Modi
- Ram Vilas Paswan favours ban on sugar futures