Jharkhand end day three on 56 for two; need 156 more to win
Jamshedpur: Hosts Jharkhand were 56 for two in their second innings, in pursuit of 213 for an outright win after bundling out Assam for 207 in their second essay at stumps on the third and penultimate day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Sunday.
Chasing 213 for a win, Jharkhand lost Manish Vardhan (10) and Ishank Jaggi inside the first 20 runs before first innings half-centurion, Rameez Nemat (37 not out) and Saurabh Tiwary (8 not out) held fort.
But the remaining Jharkhand batsmen will have to bat out of their skin as they require another 157 runs on a fourth day pitch at the Kennan Stadium, which has already started assisting the spinners.
Earlier, resuming at an overnight score of 27 for two, Assam rode on half centuries from Amit Sinha (55) and Tarjinder Singh (53 not out) to go past the 200-run mark.
Jharkhand skipper Shahbaz Nadeem (4/83) and off-spinner Sunny Gupta (3/69) knocked the stuffing out of Assam batsmen, scalping four and three wickets, respectively.
Assam: 179 & 207 all out in 74.5 overs (Amit Sinha 55, Tarjinder Singh 53 not out, Shahbaz Nadeem 4/83, Sunny Gupta 3/69).
Jharkhand Ist innings: 174 & 56 for two in 11.1 overs (Rameez Nemat 37 not out, Jamaluddin Syed Mohammad 1/12).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!