Jharkhand in command after bowling out Tripura for 106
Agartala: Medium pacer Ajay Yadav was the star of the day as he grabbed six wickets to help Jharkhand bowl out Tripura for a paltry 106 in their Group C Ranji Trophy match here on Saturday.
Jharkhand were 95 for three when stumps were drawn after the first day`s play at the Maharaja Bir Bikram College Stadium.
Opting to bowl, Yadav returned impressive figures of six for 38 to help the visitors bundle out Tripura cheaply.
Opener Subhrajit Roy was the top scorer for Tripura with a knock of 43.
Jharkhand trailed by just 11 runs with seven wickets remaining in the first innings.
Tripura 1st innings: 106 in 43.1 overs (Subhrajit Roy 43; Ajay Yadav 6/38)
Jharkhand 1st innings: 95 for three in 30 overs (Ishank Jaggi batting 43 Saurabh Tiwary batting 38).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj