Jharkhand register seven-wicket win over Tripura
Agartala: Brilliant bowling by Shankar Rao (5/36) and Ajay Yadav (4/29) helped Jharkhand register a comprehensive seven-wicket win over Tripura to earn six points in a low-scoring Group C Ranji Trophy match on the second day here on Sunday.
Resuming on 95 for three, Jharkhand were bundled out for 139 in their first innings, with just a slight 33-run lead over Tripura, which scored a mere 106 in their first essay on a seaming track here at the Maharaja Bir Bikram College Stadium.
For Jharkhand, explosive Royal Challengers batsman Saurabh Tiwary top scored with 58 off 116 balls, including eight boundaries, while Ishank Jaggi chipped in with a valuable 72-ball 43.
Apart from these two, Shahbaz Nadeem (14) was the only other batsman to have reached the double figures.
For Tripura, pacer Timir Chanda took six for 44 and young Manisankar Murasingh finished with four for 51.
With just paltry 33-run deficit, Tripura batsmen fell like nine pins and were bowled out for a meagre 86 with highest individual score of 24 by Abhijit Dey. S Abbas Ali was the other one to post double figures to be out for 15, even as Jharkhand pacers -- Rao and Yadav -- wrecked havoc.
Chasing a small target of 54, Jharkhand went past the finish line losing three wickets in the process.
Tripura: 106 & 86 all out in 32 overs (Abhijit Dey 24, Abbas Ali 15; Shankar Rao 5/36; Ajay Yadav 4/29).
Jharkhand: 139 & 55 for 3 in 16.2 overs (Saurabh Tiwary 58, Ishank Jaggi 43; Timir Chanda 6/44 & Akash Verma not out 23; Manisankar Murasingh 2/21).
Points: Jharkhand 6, Tripura 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey