Jharkhand register seven-wicket win over Tripura
Agartala: Brilliant bowling by Shankar Rao (5/36) and Ajay Yadav (4/29) helped Jharkhand register a comprehensive seven-wicket win over Tripura to earn six points in a low-scoring Group C Ranji Trophy match on the second day here on Sunday.
Resuming on 95 for three, Jharkhand were bundled out for 139 in their first innings, with just a slight 33-run lead over Tripura, which scored a mere 106 in their first essay on a seaming track here at the Maharaja Bir Bikram College Stadium.
For Jharkhand, explosive Royal Challengers batsman Saurabh Tiwary top scored with 58 off 116 balls, including eight boundaries, while Ishank Jaggi chipped in with a valuable 72-ball 43.
Apart from these two, Shahbaz Nadeem (14) was the only other batsman to have reached the double figures.
For Tripura, pacer Timir Chanda took six for 44 and young Manisankar Murasingh finished with four for 51.
With just paltry 33-run deficit, Tripura batsmen fell like nine pins and were bowled out for a meagre 86 with highest individual score of 24 by Abhijit Dey. S Abbas Ali was the other one to post double figures to be out for 15, even as Jharkhand pacers -- Rao and Yadav -- wrecked havoc.
Chasing a small target of 54, Jharkhand went past the finish line losing three wickets in the process.
Tripura: 106 & 86 all out in 32 overs (Abhijit Dey 24, Abbas Ali 15; Shankar Rao 5/36; Ajay Yadav 4/29).
Jharkhand: 139 & 55 for 3 in 16.2 overs (Saurabh Tiwary 58, Ishank Jaggi 43; Timir Chanda 6/44 & Akash Verma not out 23; Manisankar Murasingh 2/21).
Points: Jharkhand 6, Tripura 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional