Juneja, Bhatt hit tons to steer Gujarat to 600/9 decl
Surat: Manprit Juneja and Rujul Bhatt struck big centuries to steer Gujarat to a massive 600 for nine declared on the second day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match here on Saturday.
Saurashtra were 42 for no loss when stumps were drawn at the Lalabhai Contractor Stadium.
Resuming on 278 for five, both the overnight batsmen, Juneja and Bhatt who were unbeaten on 67 and 18, respectively, went on to solid hundreds to put the hosts in the driver`s seat.
Rakesh Dhurv (65) also chipped in with crucial runs to take Gujarat to a huge first innings total.
In reply, Saurashtra started their first innings on an ideal note with openers, Chirag Pathak unbeaten on 28 and Bhushan Chauhan not out on 18 at crease at end of day two.
Earlier, Juneja and Bhatt frustrated the Saurashtra bowlers as the duo put on a 239-run stand for the sixth wicket before the former departed for a well-made 159 off 345 balls with the help of 21 fours and a six.
Juneja had stayed for 451 minutes in the middle.
After Juneja`s dismissal, Bhatt kept the momentum going in the able company of Dhurv and the two added another 107 runs together for the seventh wicket.
Even after Dhurv`s departure, Bhatt held fort till the innings was declared moments after Amit Singh`s dismissal.
Bhatt remained unbeaten on 160 off 285 balls and his innings was studded with 18 fours and a six. He spent 414 minutes at the crease.
For Saurashtra, Ravindra Jadeja was the pick of the bowlers with impressive figures of four for 125.
Brief scores: 600 for nine decl (Rajul Bhatt 160, Manprit Juneja 159, Rakesh Dhurv 65; Ravindra Jadeja 4/125).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'