Kamat, Bisla propel Goa to 281/4 against Kerala
Malappuram (Kerala): Opener Sagun Kamat scored only his second first-class century as Goa made 281 for four against hosts Kerala at stumps on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Saturday.
Kamat scored his 107 runs off 212 balls during which he struck 13 boundaries and three sixes.
Apart from Kamat, wicket-keeper Manvinder Bisla scored a quickfire 74 while Ravikant Shukla remained unbeaten on 44.
Kamat and Bisla shared a 146-run third wicket stand after, opting to bat, Goa lost their first two wickets pretty early.
While Kamat played the role of a shit-anchor, Bisla was at his attacking best and raced to his 74 off just 87 balls. Bisla laced his entertaining knock with seven hits to the fence and one over it.
Sandeep Warrier, Perumparambath Anthaf, Chovvakkaran Shahid and Rohan Prem picked up a wicket each for the home team.
Goa: 281 for four in 85 overs (Sagun Kamat 107, Manvinder Bisla 74; Rohan Prem 1/29).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video