Kamat, Bisla propel Goa to 281/4 against Kerala
Malappuram (Kerala): Opener Sagun Kamat scored only his second first-class century as Goa made 281 for four against hosts Kerala at stumps on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Saturday.
Kamat scored his 107 runs off 212 balls during which he struck 13 boundaries and three sixes.
Apart from Kamat, wicket-keeper Manvinder Bisla scored a quickfire 74 while Ravikant Shukla remained unbeaten on 44.
Kamat and Bisla shared a 146-run third wicket stand after, opting to bat, Goa lost their first two wickets pretty early.
While Kamat played the role of a shit-anchor, Bisla was at his attacking best and raced to his 74 off just 87 balls. Bisla laced his entertaining knock with seven hits to the fence and one over it.
Sandeep Warrier, Perumparambath Anthaf, Chovvakkaran Shahid and Rohan Prem picked up a wicket each for the home team.
Goa: 281 for four in 85 overs (Sagun Kamat 107, Manvinder Bisla 74; Rohan Prem 1/29).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks