Kamat, Bisla propel Goa to 281/4 against Kerala
Malappuram (Kerala): Opener Sagun Kamat scored only his second first-class century as Goa made 281 for four against hosts Kerala at stumps on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Saturday.
Kamat scored his 107 runs off 212 balls during which he struck 13 boundaries and three sixes.
Apart from Kamat, wicket-keeper Manvinder Bisla scored a quickfire 74 while Ravikant Shukla remained unbeaten on 44.
Kamat and Bisla shared a 146-run third wicket stand after, opting to bat, Goa lost their first two wickets pretty early.
While Kamat played the role of a shit-anchor, Bisla was at his attacking best and raced to his 74 off just 87 balls. Bisla laced his entertaining knock with seven hits to the fence and one over it.
Sandeep Warrier, Perumparambath Anthaf, Chovvakkaran Shahid and Rohan Prem picked up a wicket each for the home team.
Goa: 281 for four in 85 overs (Sagun Kamat 107, Manvinder Bisla 74; Rohan Prem 1/29).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!